Having clearly identified, first, the saved who will choose perfect unity with Jesus, and who will live forever in the New Jerusalem; and second, those who will ignore the warnings and choose eternal disunity from God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and who will be left outside the walls of the beautiful city – Jesus makes a final statement to conclude John’s vision:
“’I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star’” (Rev 22:16).
This summarizes the entire Bible, from Adam and David to Jesus.
With finality, John’s vision concludes with invitation and warning:
- “The Spirit and the Bride say, ‘Come.’
- “And let the one who hears say, ‘Come.’
- “And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price” (Rev 22:17).
- “I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book” (Rev 22:18-19).
- “He who testifies to these things says, ‘Surely I am coming soon.’ Amen. Come, Lord Jesus” (Rev 22:20)!
- “The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen” (Rev 22:21).
THIS IS HOW GRACE SHALL REIGN!
As this eight-year study of Perfect Unity through every verse of the Bible ends, we would love to hear from you, especially if you feel that Perfect Unity with the Godhead and the folks next door have become more important to you.
Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
And hurry back here to see what is next for Streamside Unity LLC.