My book, Streamside – Finding Peace through Perfect Unity, was published in February 2013, the only book ever written that studies unity using all four Gospels of Jesus in chronological parallel.
This blog started on March 29, 2013, covering many different dimensions of unity and the lack of it. A series of five blogs in March 2014 is worth reading as the first inklings leading to the current series, “If My People”, which began on October 24, 2014. Today is the 94th blog in the series that will conclude with Malachi, the last book in the Old Testament, God willing.
Over the first half, from Genesis to 1 Chronicles, we have classified each verse according to the ten steps of the Cycle, a total of 10,837 verses! Here is how they tally so far:
- Unity with God – 3,294
- Commands from God – 1,565
- Temptation – 124
- Disobedience – 455
- Disunity – 54
- Warnings – 409
- Judgment – 468
- God’s Never-Ending Love – 108
- Repentance – 152
- Restoration - 221
The story is telling itself, but we are only halfway through.
Although the ultimate goal is to compare ancient Israel to the modern, dis-unified Christian church, parallels to America driven by the astonishing events of 2016 alone have run alongside. On the heels of raging fires and epic floods just in the past week, we must wonder what great earthquake the election cycle will wreak next. Our lack of unity has a price.
Going forward from 2 Chronicles 8 onward to the end of Malachi in the Old Testament, the text will drive us more and more to parallels between Israel and the church and the opportunities that await in perfect unity under Jesus.
Since we started this journey, we have gone from reaching perhaps a dozen people a week to up to 2,000 page visits a week. Yet there has been very little “marketing” for commercial purposes. I do not write for money. I write for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
As interest increases in our lack of unity, will you help me in getting the word out?
For our loyal readers who feel the beat of Jesus’ prayer for perfect unity deep in their hearts, I have a few suggestions to bring us all together:
- Go back and read the first seven blogs beginning with October 24, 2014.
- Invite people to join us here as we start the second half of the study, starting with Ezra.
- Share this blog on social media every week.
- Order a copy of Streamside – Finding Peace through Perfect Unity from me at 60% below list price, pick up a few for gifts, and tell everyone else to do the same. My email: LBeaum2111@aol.com
- Pray about one year from now on October 31, 2017 – it will be the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther’s 95 theses, the start of the Reformation. What could we accomplish by returning to Wittenberg, Germany that day for a worldwide call to the principles of “perfectly one” identified in this study that we all have in common?
- And finally, take this to heart, live it, and teach it to all you meet:
“…if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
 The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2001). (2 Ch 7:14). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.